My name is Rebecca “Bex” Hale
I’m running for election to the Wimberley I.S.D. School Board, place 3
This I promise
I am committed to supporting the school board’s vision, and helping them develop that vision into long-term solutions that produce skillful, innovative students and successful graduates.
READY TO RUMBLE
I have an extensive business background that includes designing strategies, building organizations, securing capital investments, budgeting, financial analysis, business contracts, ensuring accountability, strong financial oversight, and project management from concept to completion.
– Designer, Business owner with over 20 years of entrepreneurial experience
– Abilene Christian University, B.S. in Industrial Technology, emphasis in engineering and design
– 3 months after graduating from ACU, launched business with a $10k business loan
– Grew business to multi-million dollar international home furnishings and design business within 5 years
– Personally sought out, procured and repaid over $3,000,000 in business funding
– Managed multiple businesses with over 100 employees and revenues in excess of a $1m annually
– Featured in New York Times, Texas Monthly, and HGTV’s Design Star, season 7
DEDICATED TO BUILDING COMMUNITY
I have a strong track record of advocating for and strengthening the community around me by serving on diverse community boards, joining community organizations, volunteering, acting as a liaison, fundraising, donating, creating community events, and motivating others into service.
– Voted Best Interior Designer in Wimberley 2017 and 2018
– Wimberley Parks and Recreation Board, current appointed board member
– Scudder Elementary PTO
– Active Member of Unity of Wimberley
– Served on the Wimberley Community Civic Club hospitality committee
– Goodwill Industries board member
– Preservation League board member
– Center for Contemporary Arts fundraising board and events board
– Vice President of the Abilene Downtown Assoc., Co-creator of Big Day Downtown, annual street festival
I have a long history of advocating for lasting global change through humanitarian organizations focused on education and independence, important keys for diverse populations around the world.
– World traveler, 20 years of international business experience
– Worked with hundreds of artisans and community leaders world wide
– Consulted and assisted in program development for Global Exchange, international human rights org dedicated to promoting social, economic and environmental justice around the world
– Consulted and designed products for The Fair Trade Federation, aiding women’s groups and building schools in developing countries
– Funded the primary education of 17 children in Guadalajara, Mexico
– Product Designer and Consultant for Freedom Stones in partnership with NotAbandoned.org, supporting women in Thailand, rescued from human slavery
– KIVA Ambassador, funded 48 micro loans to rural entrepreneurs in 29 countries
– Participated in sponsorship programs with Food for the Hungry, a Christian humanitarian org
– Partnered with Unicef and the Fair Trade Federation to establish ongoing fundraising programs to end child trafficking
Help us spread the message.
I’m committed to building bridges in large and small ways, and look to encourage that sense of unity in our children and school system.
are vitally important to any community, and community is key in supporting our schools.
I’m committed to tackling the greatest issues teachers in the district face, while amplifying their voices and jumping into action when needed.
I also want to ensure that all W.I.S.D. students are exposed to a variety of subjects to help them succeed in the industries of our time.
Music and Arts
benefit to children of all ages in numerous ways, such as motor skills, language development, and creative problem-solving.
Instead: fellowship, eating dinner together, playing outside, getting a good night’s sleep.
I believe a healthy community requires commitment to a positive shared vision for all its members, and the best place to start is with our children.
In The News
Find The Latest News And Happenings Within Our Campaign Here.
There has been a large shift in the labor market over the past few years due to the advancement of science and technology. Fifteen years ago, there were a number of jobs that didn’t exist yet: User experience designer. Social media manager. Data scientist. Mobile app developer. Virtual assistant. Lyft driver. Content strategist. Influencer. As […]
Get to know WISD school board candidate, Bex Hale, while enjoying an art auction, a bowl of delicious chili, and a lively band! Where: Relics Ranch When: Sunday, October 14th from 3 PM – 6 PM Facebook Event